วันอังคารที่ 18 มกราคม พ.ศ. 2554

A whole day exploring Paris



So my first full day of exploring Paris and I had a lot of stuff planned. The first thing was to head to the Sorbonne university to talk to admissions. I had the breakfast buffet in the hostel and got on the métro towards la Sorbonne. I had emailed a lady in the admissions office last week and she told me I could come in to talk. When I got to the front door a guard stopped me and almost wouldn’t let me in. I had to basically prove I had an appointment and he finally let me go as long as I put my camera away (must’ve thought I was just a tourist). .
It’s a pretty big university and pretty old too (opened in 1253). After I found the right stair case and the right floor I walked into a small office with about five people working at desks. I approached the closest woman and asked if she spoke English. With something as important as college info I wanted to make sure I understood. Nope, no English. I looked around the room hopefully, but no one else spoke English either. I decided to try in French and one of the women in the back heard what I needed and ushered me to sit down with her. The meeting wasn’t too long and luckily I understood her fine. She gave me a lot of information and all I have to do is just apply to the US department of la Sorbonne and send my transcripts to them, which will be a lot easier.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น